CAMPING AT HUMBOLDT COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS
Camping at the Humboldt County Fairgrounds is free for TUC participants on both Friday and Saturday night. No reservations are necessary.
To camp in your vehicle, pull into the front parking lot of the Humboldt County Fairgrounds and make yourself at home. For tent camping, pitch your tent on any of the grass areas within the fairgrounds. There are bathrooms and showers at the western entrance to the fairgrounds (next to the Fairgrounds office, in the RV camping area); there is a newer facility within the fairgrounds about 500 feet east of the Turf Room.
There’s also an RV campground with full hook-ups (water, sewer, electricity) for only $25 a night. There are 100 sites available and reservations can be made by calling (707) 786-9511.
If a room at the inn is more your style, we recommend one of the following hotels in nearby Fortuna, just 8 miles from the Humboldt County Fairground:
- The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel, 1859 Alamar Way, 707-725-5500
- Best Western Country Inn, 1528 Kenmar Rd, 707-725-6822
- Comfort Inn and Suites, 1583 Riverwalk Drive, 707-725 7025
- Super 8, 1805 Alamar Way, 707-725-2888
- 6 Rivers Motel, 531 South Fortuna Boulevard, 707-725-1181
- Riverwalk RV Park, 2189 Riverwalk Drive, 707-725-3359
- Fortuna Redwood Inn, 819 Main Street, 707-725-5136