This beautiful ride travels through the Eel River Valley to Rio Dell, down Hwy. 101 S and on to the Avenue of the Giants and a rest stop/turnaround at the Immortal Tree. Then head back to Ferndale.
- Start/Finish Humboldt County Fairgrounds, Ferndale. Head west on 5th St. three blocks to Ocean Ave., turn left and head south out of town.
- Mile 3.7 Waddington Rd. continue on through the Ferndale Bottoms toward Rio Dell on Grizzly Bluff Rd.
- Mile 5.4 Grizzly Bluff School intersection, turn right to Rio Dell
- Mile 8.3 Continue on toward Rio Dell.
- Mile 13.1 Intersection –STOP SIGN!!!— Watch traffic control officer / CHP / RIO DELL CHECK-POINT / AID STATION. Turn right onto Wildwood Ave., go through Rio Dell, cross the historic Scotia Bridge.
- Mile 14.4 Continue through Scotia, the road turns to the left as you pass the lumber mill offices and the old locomotive. Continue on to Highway 101.
- Mile 15.9 Enter Highway 101 southbound. SINGLE FILE PLEASE
- Mile 21.7 Take Pepperwood exit from 101 south. Turn left at STOP SIGN and enter Avenue of the Giants south. Continue on next 8.2 miles.
- Mile 25 REST STOP / AID STATION at IMMORTAL TREE GIFT SHOP. 50 mile riders turnaround here. 100 K and 100 mile riders continue on.