This ride is for those who don’t like hills. There is one very small climb leaving Ferndale as you head out through the scenic Eel River Valley. A rest stop awaits at the turnaround on Price Creek Road. One-speed bikes not recommended for this ride.
This ride goes out ten miles to the Turnaround Aid Station and returns to the Fairgrounds by the same route.
- *Mile 0 *Start in front of the Humboldt County Fairgrounds. Head west on 5th St. three blocks to Ocean Ave., turn left and head south out of town.
- Mile 0.7 Small climb past Russ Park
- Mile 0.9 Ocean Ave. turns into Grizzly Bluff Rd. through Eel River Valley. Wave to the cows, baaa at the sheep.
- Mile 5.1 Right curve. Stay on Grizzly Bluff Rd.
- Mile 7.8 PAY ATTENTION, DON’T MISS! Turn right on Price Creek Rd. Several short hills. There are three cattle guard crossings on Price Creek Rd. CAUTION!
- Mile 8.6 Price Creek Rd. wooden one-lane bridge. CAUTION
- Mile 10 TURNAROUND / AID STATION at small meadow on Price Creek Rd. Stop and rest, have a snack, visit with your new bicycling friends before heading back to the Fairgrounds.