This ride has NO hills at all and stays off main roads. A safe, scenic ride through the Ferndale farmlands. Snacks & beverages at the turnaround. We recommend this ride for families with young children.
This ride goes out to the Turnaround Aid Station and returns to the Fairgrounds by the same route. STOP AT ALL STOP SIGNS!!
- Mile 0 Start in front of the Humboldt County Fairgrounds. Head east.
- Mile 0.2 Turn left on Van Ness.
- Mile 0.4 Turn right on Rasmussen Lane
- Mile 0.8 Turn left on Port Kenyon (Yield sign) Wave to the longhorn cattle and the horses.
- Mile 1.1 Turn right on Dillon. Cross over the one-lane bridge. CAUTION! RIDE SINGLE FILE ONLY!
- Mile 2 Continue on Dillon to Goble Ln. Turn right on Goble Ln.
- Mile 3.3 Goble Len to Fulmor turnaround.
- Mile 4.5 Turn right on Dillon to Camp Weott Rd.
- Mile 5 Left turn onto Camp Weott Rd. Wave to s’more cows!
- Mile 6.2 Morgan Slough Rd. TURNAROUND / AID STATION. Rest, eat, and talk to your new bicycling friends. Get ready to ride back to the Fairgrounds.