Want more than 50 miles, but aren’t ready for the full 100-miler? Ride the new 100K (62 miles). It follows the same up & back route as the 50-miler, but continues on from the 50-mile turnaround with an added 6-mile out & back section of the beautiful Avenue of the Giants for a total of 62 miles.
- Start/Finish Humboldt County Fairgrounds, Ferndale. Head west on 5th St. three blocks to Ocean Ave., turn left and head south out of town.
- Mile 3.7 Waddington Rd. continue on through the Ferndale Bottoms toward Rio Dell on Grizzly Bluff Rd.
- Mile 5.4 Grizzly Bluff School intersection, turn right to Rio Dell
- Mile 8.3 Continue on toward Rio Dell.
- Mile 13.1 Intersection –STOP SIGN!!!— Watch traffic control officer / CHP RIO DELL CHECK-POINT / AID STATION. Turn right onto Wildwood Ave., go through Rio Dell, cross the historic Scotia Bridge.
- Mile 14.4 Continue through Scotia, the road turns to the left as you pass the lumber mill offices and the old locomotive. Continue on to Highway 101.
- Mile 15.9 Enter Highway 101 southbound. SINGLE FILE PLEASE
- Mile 21.7 Take Pepperwood exit from 101 south. Turn left at STOP SIGN and enter Avenue of the Giants south. Continue on next 8.2 miles.
- Mile 25 Rest Stop / Aid Station at Immortal Tree Gift Shop
- Mile 31 Turnaround at Dyerville Overlook. DO NOT CONTINUE ON UNDER HWY 101
- Mile 36 Rest Stop / Aid Station at Immortal Tree Gift Shop
- Mile 42 Turn right onto Highway 101 North. Stay Single File Please
- Mile 48 Take first Rio Dell / Scotia exit right off Highway 101. Turn left at STOP SIGN and go under the freeway. Turn right at STOP SIGN and go back across Scotia Bridge.
- Mile 48.5 Proceed through Rio Dell on Wildwood Ave. to Bellvue (Blue Slide Rd.)
- Mile 50.3 Turn left heading back on Blue Slide Rd. to Grizzly Bluff Rd. back over the three hills and back to Ferndale. Single File Please
- Mile 61.1 Turn right on 5th Street.
- Mile 62 You’ve made it! Great job! You did it. See the finish line staff for your finishers patch.