Saturday, June 8, 2019
Humboldt County Fairgrounds
1250 5th Street
Ferndale, CA 95536
Directions to Ride Start
From US 101, take the Fernbridge/Ferndale exit #691. Cross the historic Fernbridge and follow Hwy 211 to the village of Ferndale. Upon entering Ferndale, turn right onto Van Ness Avenue. Take the first left turn onto Fifth Street. Turn left into the Humboldt County Fairgrounds parking lot. Walk into the Fairgrounds and locate the Turf Room on the right side of the driveway just past the Grandstand building.
- Online registration closes at midnight on June 5, 2019.
- Mail-in registration form must be mailed BEFORE June 1, 2019. Get the form here.
- On site registration: Friday, June 7 from 5-7 pm and Saturday, June 8 beginning at 6 am.
- Refunds/Transfers: we regret that we are unable to offer refunds or transfers.
- 100 Mile Tour of the Unknown Coast Century: $90*
- 100 Mile Avenue of the Giants Century: $90*
- 100 K: $80*
- 50 Mile: $80*
- 22 Mile: $30
- 8 Mile: $20
*A late fee of $10 will apply after May 15, 2019 for the 100 mile, 100K and 50 mile events. There is no late fee for the 22 mile or 8 mile ride.
Ride Fee Includes:
- Friday Hospitality Night with complimentary hors d’oeuvres provided by the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce and beer (available for purchase) provided by Lost Coast Brewery.
- Refreshments at rest stops
- Radio Communications & Support Vehicles on courses
- First aid and mechanical support at designated rest stops
- Saturday post ride meal is included for the 100 mile, 100K and 50 mile riders; riders participating in the 22 mile and 8 mile events may purchase a post ride meal for our cost of $15 at the time of registration, as quantities allow.
- 100 Mile: Tour of the Unknown Coast Century: 7:00 a.m. Mass start
- 100 Mile: Avenue of the Giants Century: 7:00 a.m. Mass start
- 100 K: 9:00 a.m. Mass start
- 50 Mile: 9:30 a.m. Mass start
- 22 Mile: 10:00 a.m. Mass start
- 8 Mile: 11:30 a.m. Mass start
NOTE: Century riders are encouraged to set off before the 7 am mass start if necessary in order to finish in time to enjoy the post ride festivities.
A catered meal will be served at the Turf Room of the Fairgrounds from 12:30 pm to 5 pm. The meal is included in the entry fee for the 100 mile, 100K and 50 mile riders. Riders participating in the 22 mile and 8 mile events may purchase a post ride meal for $15 at the time of registration, as quantities allow.
For Your Protection
- Helmets are required.
- Ear buds are not allowed.
- Stop at all stop signs.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- RIDE SINGLE FILE on the right side of the roadway — leave adequate stopping distance between riders.
- Observe good road manners.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition – especially your brakes.
- All riders MUST carry some form of identification, including an emergency contact phone number. Every minor MUST carry a medical release form signed by parent or guardian. If you have a medical alert bracelet, please wear it.
- NOTE: Multi-geared bikes are strongly recommended. One-speed bikes are limited to the 8 mile Farm Tour.
All riders are required to report any type of accident or injury to a check point official or radio person. You are responsible for your own medical insurance. Please read the Release/Waiver form.
Food and Water
Fruit, cookies and water will be available at all rest stops. More extensive selections, including sandwiches, will be provided at the Immortal Tree (25 mile stop for the 50 mile route and the Tour of the Unknown Coast century route, 25 mile and 37 mile stops for the 100 km route, and 25 mile and 75 mile stops for the Avenue of the Giants century route) and at A.W. Way County Park (61 mile stop for the Tour of the Unknown Coast Century route).
Sag Wagons Are Not Permitted
Please do NOT bring a support vehicle/sag wagon. There will be ample support and food on the course. Bike mechanics will be available at the start and at selected points on all courses. Having people follow you and support you is neither necessary nor appreciated.
This is a beautiful and scenic ride. Please do not litter.