- 100 Mile: Tour of the Unknown Coast Century: 7:00 a.m. Mass start
- 100 Mile: Avenue of the Giants Century: 7:00 a.m. Mass start
- 100 K: 9:00 a.m Mass start
- 50 Mile: 9:30 a.m. Mass start
- 22.5 Mile: 10:00 a.m. Mass start
- 7.5 Mile: 11:30 a.m. Mass start
All riders are encouraged to start early enough to get back in time to enjoy the food and music (by 3:00 p.m.)
On-site registration is at the Humboldt County Fairgrounds Turf Room, 1250 Fifth Street Ferndale, CA, on Friday, June 7, 5-7 p.m.
Humboldt County Fairgrounds
1250 5th Street
Ferndale, CA 95536
Online Registration Closes:
6/7/19 12 Noon
Mail-in Registration Closes:
Get the form here
Mail BEFORE 6/1/19
You’ll still be able to register in person the evening before (5 – 7 p.m.) and on the morning of the ride (6 a.m.).
Refunds/Transfers — As a non-profit organization operating on a tight budget, we are unable to offer refunds or transfers.
Tour of the Unknown Coast Century Ride
Riders can expect to experience a variety of weather changes. Inland can be warm, while the higher altitudes can be cold, and the area along the ocean is usually windy. Riders should come prepared. At AW Way Park there is a full lunch provided: Water, fruit, bagels, sandwiches and cookies. This is a rain or shine ride.
Sag Wagons Not Allowed
Please do NOT bring a support vehicle/sag wagon. The additional congestion and pollution are not welcome! There will be ample support and food on the course. Bike mechanics will be available at the start and at selected points on all courses. Having people follow you and support you is not necessary or appreciated.
12 HOUR CUT OFF FOR 100-MILE RIDE
Riders not on pace to finish by 7:00 p.m. will be sagged in.
- 100 Mile Tour of the Unknown Coast Century: 7:00 a.m.
- 100 Mile Avenue of the Giants Century: 7:00 a.m.
- 100 K: 9:00 a.m
- 50 Mile: 9:30 a.m.
- 22.5 Mile: 10:00 a.m.
- 7.5 Mile: 11:30 a.m.
Directions to Ride Start
From California Hwy 101, take the Fernbridge/Ferndale exit #691. Cross Historic Fernbridge & drive through 3 miles of pastoral views to the beginning of Ferndale’s Main Street. When entering Ferndale turn right onto Van Ness St. & go 1/4 mile to the Start/Finish line at the Humboldt County Fairgrounds . The Fernbridge/Ferndale exit is located on Hwy 101 between the cities of Eureka & Fortuna.
- 100 Mile Avenue of the Giants Century: $90
- 100 Mile Tour of the Unknown Coast Century: $90
- 100 K: $80
- 50 Mile Challenge: $80
*Late Fee (after May 15): $10
NOTE: All of the above rides include the post ride BBQ meal catered by Moonlight Catering
- 22.5 Mile: $30
- 7.5 Mile: $20
There is no late fee for the 22.5-mile or 7.5-mile.
Note: The 7.5 and 22.5 mile rides DO NOT include the post ride meal. Meals will be available at our cost of $15.
Additional Event Information
- Friday Hospitality (food provided by Ferndale Chamber of Commerce; beer provided by Lost Coast Brewery)
- Food at Rest Stops
- Radio Communications & Support Vehicles on Courses
- First Aid and Mechanical Support
- Saturday Meal After Ride
For Your Protection
- Helmets are required.
- Ear buds are not allowed.
- Safety rules MUST be observed at all times.
- Stop at all stop signs.
- RIDE SINGLE FILE on the right side of the roadway — leave adequate stopping distance between riders.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Observe good road manners.
- Make sure your bike is in good condition – especially your brakes.
- All riders MUST carry some form of identification, including your emergency contact phone number. Every minor MUST carry a medical release form signed by parent or guardian. If you have a medical alert bracelet, please wear it.
- NOTE: Multi-geared bikes strongly recommended. One-speed bikes limited to the 10 mile Farm Tour.
- Wave to the cows and talk to the giants.
All riders are required to report any type of accident or injury to a check point official or radio person. You are responsible for your own medical insurance. Read the Release/Waiver form.
Food & Water
Will be provided for all riders. Major food stops will be at Immortal Tree and A.W. Way Park. There will be some food and water at all Rest Stops and Aid Stations.
Food & Snacks at rest stops & turn-arounds
Fruit (apples, bananas, oranges), cookies, sandwiches, beverages, Cytomax Drink Mix (7.5 & 22.5 mile rest stops will have fruit, cookies and beverages only).
Remember this is a beautiful scenic ride, please NO litter. Keep your Power Bar wrappers in your pocket.