Lodging and Tourism
Humboldt County has wonderful resources and activities to make your trip a pleasurable experience.
Local Chambers of Commerce
- Ferndale Chamber of Commerce 707-786-4477
- Arcata Chamber of Commerce 707-822-3619
- Eureka Chamber of Commerce 707-442-3738
- Fortuna Chamber of Commerce 707-725-9261
- Trinidad Chamber of Commerce 707- 677-0223
Camping is included with your TUC entry for those wanting to camp in a tent or vehicle. To camp in your vehicle simply pull into the front parking lot of the Humboldt County Fairgrounds ( 1250 5th St. , Ferndale , CA ) and make yourself at home. For tent camping simply pitch your tent on any of the grass areas within the fairgrounds. There are bathrooms and showers near the front of the fairgrounds and a much newer (and nicer) facility within the fairgrounds about 100 yards beyond Bellotti Hall. There’s plenty of room for everyone; in all the years we’ve offered free camping we’ve never come close to filling up. So, no reservations are needed.
There’s also an RV campground with full hook-ups (water, sewer, electricity) for only $25 a night. There are 100 sites available and again, we’ve never come close to filling up. But reservations can be made by calling (707) 786-9511.
Ferndale – at the start/finish 95536
- Francis Creek Inn, 577 Main St., 707-786-9611
- Gingerbread Mansion, 400 Berding St., 707-786-4000
- Jeannette’s Cottage, ., 707-786-4298
- Shaw House Inn, 703 Main St., 707-786-9958
Fortuna 95540 – 8 miles to start/finish
- Best Western Country Inn, 1528 Kenmar Rd., 707-725-6822, 800-528-1234
- Comfort Inn and Suites, 1583 Riverwalk Drive., Ph: 707-725 7025, Fax: 707 725 7088
- Holiday Inn Express, 1859 Alamar Way, 707-725-5500, 800-456-4329
- Mission Motel, 819 Main St., 707-725-5136
- Super 8, 1805 Alamar Way, 707-725-2888, 800-800-8000
Eureka 95501 – 20 miles to start/finish
- Best Western Bayshore Inn, 3500 Broadway St, 707-268-8005
- Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn, 232 W. 5th St., 800 404-1390
- Carter House Inns, 301 L Sts., 707-445-1390
- Comfort Inn, 4260 Broadway St., 707-444-0401
- Days Inn, 270 5th St., 707-443-2206
- Eureka Inn, 7th & F Sts., 877 552-3985
- Rodeway Inn, 2014 4th St., 707-441-8442
- Sunrise Inn and Suites, 4th and C St, 707-443-9751
- Super 8, 1304 4th St., 707- 443-3193
- Town House Motel, 4th & K Sts., 707-443-4536
- Travelodge, 4 4th St., 800-255-3050 or 707-443-6345
Arcata 95521 – 27 miles to start/finish
- Cat’s Cradle Bed & Breakfast, 815 Park Pl., 707-822-2287
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 4750 Valley West Blvd, 707-822-5896
- Lady Anne Bed & Breakfast, 902 14th St., 707-822-2797
- Motel 6, 4755 Valley West Blvd., 707-822-7061
- North Coast Inn, 4975 Valley West Blvd., 707-822-4861
Rio Dell 95562 – 13 miles to start/finish
- Humboldt Gables Motel, 40 W. Davis, 707-764-5609
- Rio Dell Motel, 3 W. Center, 707-764-3759
Trinidad 95570 – 40 miles to start/finish
- Bishop Pine Lodge, 1481 Patrick’s Point Dr., 707-677-3314
- Lost Whale Inn, 3452 Patrick’s Point Dr , 707-677-3425
- Trinidad Bed & Breakfast, 560 Edwards St., 707-677-0840
- View Crest Lodge, 3415 Patrick’s Point Dr., 707-677-3398
- Shadow Lodge, 687 Patrick’s Point Dr., 707-677-0532
- Turtle Rocks Inn, 3392 Patrick’s Point Dr., 707-677-3707
- In Humboldt Redwoods State Park the main camping area is Burlington Campground near the Park Headquarters a mile south of Weott on the Avenue of the Giants.
- Burlington and Albee Creek Campground (five miles up Bull Creek Flats Road) are available on a first come, first serve basis at Park Headquarters.
- Williams Grove (just north of Myers Flat) is available for group camping by reservation only. Please call Park Headquarters 707-946-2311.
United Airlines has scheduled flights into Eureka-Arcata airport, 32 miles north of start/finish, and car rentals are available. Small planes can land at Rohnerville (near Fortuna) about 10 miles from the start/finish.