Saturday, June 8, 2019
Humboldt County Fairgrounds
1250 Fifth Street
Ferndale, CA 95536
Directions to Ride Start:
From US 101, take the Fernbridge/Ferndale exit #691. Cross the historic Fernbridge and follow Hwy 211 to the village of Ferndale. Upon entering Ferndale, turn right onto Van Ness Avenue. Turn left onto Fifth Street. Turn left into the Humboldt County Fairgrounds parking lot; if the lot is full, you will be directed to nearby street parking. Walk into the Fairgrounds and locate the Turf Room on the right side of the driveway just past the Grandstand building.
Registration and Fees
- Online registration closes at midnight on June 5, 2019.
- Mail-in registration form must be postmarked by June 1, 2019. Get the form here.
- On site registration: Friday, June 7 from 5-7 pm and Saturday, June 8 beginning at 6 am.
- Refunds: we regret that we are unable to offer refunds.
- 100 Mile Tour of the Unknown Coast Century: $90*
- 100 Mile Avenue of the Giants Century: $90*
- 100 K: $80*
- 50 Mile: $80*
- 22 Mile: $30
- 8 Mile: $20
*A late fee of $10 will apply after May 15, 2019 for the 100 mile, 100K and 50 mile events. There is no late fee for the 22 mile or 8 mile ride.
Ride Fee Includes:
- Friday Hospitality Night with complimentary hors d’oeuvres provided by the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce and beer (available for purchase) provided by Lost Coast Brewery.
- Refreshments at rest stops
- Radio Communications & Support Vehicles on courses
- First aid and mechanical support at designated rest stops
- Saturday post ride meal is included for the 100 mile, 100K and 50 mile riders; riders participating in the 22 mile and 8 mile events may purchase a post ride meal for our cost of $15 at the time of registration, as quantities allow.
NOTE: Century riders are encouraged to set off before the 7 am mass start if necessary in order to finish in time to enjoy the post ride festivities.
- 100 Mile: Tour of the Unknown Coast Century: 7:00 am mass start
- 100 Mile: Avenue of the Giants Century: 7:00 am mass start
- 100 K: 9:00 am mass start
- 50 Mile: 9:30 am mass start
- 22 Mile: 10:00 am mass start
- 8 Mile: 11:30 am mass start
Rules of Engagement
- Helmets are required.
- Ear buds are not allowed.
- Participants must follow California Vehicle Code regulations. This includes pulling off the road and stopping for emergency vehicles.
- RIDE SINGLE FILE as much as possible, and be alert for passing vehicles (including faster cyclists).
- Leave adequate stopping distance between riders.
- Be courteous with all motorists and residents you encounter.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your bicycle is in safe working condition.
- All riders MUST carry some form of identification, including an emergency contact phone number. Every minor MUST carry a medical release form signed by parent or guardian. If you have a medical alert bracelet, please wear it.
On the Road
Food and Water:
Fruit, cookies and water will be available at all rest stops. More extensive selections, including sandwiches, will be provided at the Immortal Tree and at A.W. Way County Park.
Personal SAG Vehicles Are Not Permitted:
Please do NOT bring your own support vehicle. There will be roving SAG vehicles on the course. Bike mechanics will be available at the start and at selected rest stops.
All riders are required to report any type of accident or injury to a check point official or radio person. You are responsible for your own medical insurance. Please read the Release/Waiver form that you will be asked to sign when you check in.